Partner - Dispute Resolution
Arbitrations | Commercial Litigation | Insolvency and Bankruptcy | White-collar Crime Litigation
Ketan is a Partner in the Dispute Resolution practice at Trilegal. He has a rich experience in arbitration and general commercial litigation including insolvency and bankruptcy proceedings and white-collar crime related litigation.
Ketan represents clients as lead counsel in a range of high value and complex commercial matters before the Indian Supreme Court and across High Courts and District Courts in India. He also acts as lead counsel before arbitral tribunals seated in India and abroad, company law tribunals, and other judicial/ quasi-judicial authorities in India. Ketan has acted as Indian law counsel before the Singapore High Court and the Court of Appeal in arbitration related proceedings.
Ketan is registered as a foreign lawyer in Singapore with rights to appear, plead, represent, and advise clients on matters before the Singapore International Commercial Court and the Singapore Court of Appeal in relevant proceedings.
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, New Delhi
Select representative clients/matters
- Represented an integrated utilities provider in the EMEA region in shareholder disputes against an Indian infrastructure company in three rounds of SIAC-administered arbitrations seated in Singapore. Ketan also represented the client in challenge proceedings before the Singapore High Court and the Singapore Court of Appeal, and enforcement and injunction actions in India across several High Courts and the Indian Supreme Court, and in proceedings before company law tribunals in India.
- Represented a Chinese multinational power generation and electrical equipment manufacturing company as Indian law counsel in its dispute against an Indian infrastructure company in an UNCITRAL-administered arbitration seated in Singapore. Ketan is also acting for the client as a foreign lawyer in challenge proceedings before the Singapore High Court and is leading the charge in the enforcement and injunction actions in the Delhi High Court.
- Represented an Indian state-owned utility against a Russian multinational thermal-power company in a UNCITRAL administered arbitration seated in Singapore.
- Represented a Spanish solar panel manufacturing company in a dispute arising out of its investment in solar power plants in India against an Indian developer in an ad-hoc arbitration seated in Mumbai. Ketan also represented the client in enforcement and injunction actions before the Bombay High Court.
- Represented a Norwegian state-owned multinational telecommunications company in dispute against a tower company in an ad-hoc arbitration seated in Delhi. Ketan also represented the client in injunction actions before the Bombay High Court.
General commercial litigation
- Represented a leading Indian infrastructure company before the Supreme Court of India on the constitutional challenge of an amendment introduced by the Indian Parliament to the Indian Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996.
- Represented an Indian multinational conglomerate as the successful resolution applicant in the first ever corporate insolvency resolution process of a non-banking financial company before the National Company Law Tribunal, National Company Law Appellate Tribunal, and the Supreme Court of India.
- Represented an Indian multinational telecommunication company in a one-of-a-kind class action suit before the National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission and the Supreme Court of India.
- Represented a Japanese multinational engineering and manufacturing corporation against a Chinese conglomerate before the Bombay High Court in a suit in relation to violation of terms of a technology license agreement.
- Represented a Dutch multinational brewing company and their nominee directors on the board of an Indian subsidiary in criminal proceedings before the Allahabad High Court and the Supreme Court.
- Benchmark Litigation Asia-Pacific 2022
- Forbes India’s Legal Power List 2021 – Ranked as one of the “Top Individual Lawyers” in Alternate Dispute Resolution – Arbitration/Mediation | Litigation | Restructuring, Insolvency and Bankruptcy
- Supreme Court Bar Association
- The Delhi High Court Bar Association