The Information That We Collect
We collect your Information when you access our website or communicate with us through email or other digital channels. This information may include personal information as defined under applicable Indian data protection laws. The Information we collect includes, but is not restricted to, the following:
- Name, qualifications, an identification number for our personnel, work and home contact details (email address, phone numbers, physical address), language(s) spoken, gender, date of birth, Voter ID, passport number, PAN Card, marital status, dependents, emergency contact information, photograph, biometric information, medical records, and history, information relating to your physical, physiological or mental health, and passwords.
- Financial details (including bank and Demat accounts), salaries, retainership fees, and stipends.
- Career management information, designation, contractual information, system and application access data, and device-related information.
- Performance-related information: letters of application, resume / CV, or other provided documents, performance, and development reviews.
- Data collected while using the Website or any mobile applications, including data collected automatically such as device ID, IP Address, web browser type, page views, operating system, timing and frequency of use of the Website or application, application/website navigation.
- Any other Information that is collected pursuant to our contractual relations with service providers or clients while providing services or during onboarding.
Aadhaar information: You may provide your Aadhaar details for identification purposes. Please note that it is not mandatory for you to do so, and you may give other identification documents such as a PAN card, passport, or driving license. However, we may require Aadhaar information from you to comply with the requirements of applicable law. We shall inform you when such collection is mandatory.
We limit the data collected to what is strictly necessary to complete the purposes provided below in Clause 2.
Uses of Information
We may use your Information to achieve any of the following objectives:
- Managing our interactions with you, including concerning your employment or engagement with us and your access to our premises and assets;
- Facilitating communication with you (including in case of emergencies);
- In operating and managing our business operations;
- Providing services to our clients;
- Displaying or communicating highlights of our work with our clients, whether on our Website or to third parties;
- Providing insight into key developments, legal issues, and knowledge management;
- Complying with legal requirements worldwide and defending Trilegal’s legal rights;
- Monitoring your use of our systems; and
- Conducting data analytics to improve the quality of our services and streamline internal processes.
In case we are required to process your personal information or Aadhaar information for a purpose not contemplated hereunder, we shall seek your consent.
- Right of Access, Modification, and Deletion: You can access your Information at any time to review any Information you have supplied. You may modify any Information that is inaccurate during this review. You may also request the deletion of any Information you have provided to us by emailing the Data Protection Officer mentioned below. Please note, however, that this may affect our ability to process or enable communication with you and may lead to the discontinuation of our relationship for which this information was being used at our sole discretion. Any deletion request shall be only entertained subject to applicable data retention laws.
- Security and Confidentiality: We have adopted reasonable security practices and standards as per applicable law to protect your Information, and such standards are in line with the best industry practices for confidentiality and security and are commensurate to the nature of Information processed by us.
Disclosures and Transfer
All Information that we collect is disclosed or transferred only under the following circumstances to the entities/individuals identified below:
- Mandatory Disclosures or Transfers: We may disclose Information if required to do so by law or if it is necessary to comply with a court order, judicial or other government warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
All personal data or sensitive personal data including Aadhaar information we collect will be retained only as long as it is necessary by Trilegal or is otherwise required under any other law for the time being in force.
Data Protection Officer
Name: Jyotsna Jayaram Email: email@example.com Designation: Data Protection Officer